Rais Omer El-Qeftawi
House and Site Manager
Our Invaluable Team
- Magdalena Włodarska, Chief Field Archaeologist and Surveyor, Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Nicholas Brown, Surveyor and Archaeologist, Seasons 1, 2, 3
- Per Storemyr, Geoarchaeologist, Season 3
- Carly Pope, Surveyor and Archaeologist, Seasons 3, 5
- Amy Wilson, Surveyor and Epigrapher, Seasons 2, 4
- Brooke Norton, Assistant Ceramicist and Archaeologist, Seasons 2, 4, 5
- Sema Berkiten, RTI Specialist, Season 2
- Vicky Hioureas, Assistant Illustrator and Archivist, Season 2
- Edna Bomhomme, Photographer, Season 2
- Michael Kraemer, Photographer, Seasons 2, 5
- Nancy Kraemer, Assistant Ceramicist, Season 2
- Sara Ahmed Abdul Aziz Mostafa, Ceramics Team, Season 4
- Bianca Van Sittert, Ceramics Team, Season 4
- Allan Gluck, 3D Modeling Team, Season 4
- Matthew Treasure, 3D Modeling Team and Surveyor, Seasons 4, 5
- Will Feltz, 3D Modeling Specialist, Season 5
- Maia Mattheu, Survey and Excavation Team, Season 5
- Evelyn Hildebrand, Survey and Excavation Team, Season 5
- Christopher Brito, Survey and Excavation Team, Season 5
- Jessica Howe, Survey and Excavation Team, Season 5
- Marmar Zakher, Survey and Excavation Team, Season 5
- Kate Grossman, Faunal Specialist, Season 5
- Elizabeth Hart, Lithic Specialist, Season 5
Arabic Translation Team
Thank you to our Arabic language translators!
Sara Ahmed Abdul Aziz
Hassan Hesham Maher Elzawy
Ahmed El Sandabasy
Thank You Volunteers!
- William Contreras
- Amber Ward
- Carly Pope
- Marmar Zakher
- Jessica Howe
- Marion Devigne
- Marlene Liszka
- Consuelo Moreno
- Maia Matheu
- Cindy Moreno
- Allan Gluck
- Brooke Norton
- Erika Kelley
- James Martin
- Nathaneal Gonzales
- Abrianna Newton
- Cindy Moreno
- Fernando Sanchez
- Miguel de Avila
We are very fortunate to work alongside many talented colleagues in Egypt. In our work, we intend to cooperate with the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities to study, preserve, and promote the cultural heritage of Egypt for generations to come. All aspects of our work depend highly on the collaboration with the Ministry.
We extend a heartfelt thanks to his Excellence the Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Dr. Khaled el-Anani, Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities Dr. Mostafa Waziri, General Director of Foreign Missions Affairs & Permanent Committees Dr. Nashwa Gaber, and Director of the Permanent Committee Mr. Mostafa Hasan Abd Elrhman.
The work at Wadi el-Hudi would not be possible without the support and efforts of the members of the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities, the Museum Sector, and the Aswan Inspectorate, especially the Director of the Aswan Inspectorate Dr. Abd Elmon’am Sa’aid, the General Director of the Archaeological Registration and Documentation Department Mr. Hany Ahmed Abo El Azm, the Head of the Central Administration of Upper Egypt Mr. Mohamed Abdelbadie, Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim, Mr. Abdul Minhem, Mr. Nasr Salama Ibrahim, Mr. Osama Abd Ellatief Abd Elhalim, Mr. Shazly Ali Abd Elaziem, Ms. Ilham Salah al-Din, Mr. Hany Salakh, Mr. Sayed El-Rawy, and Mr. Adel Kelany.
We are also grateful for the Director of the Aswan Magazine Kareema Fehmy and the supportive inspectors in the Aswan Magazine.
We would also like to thank all of our Ministry Inspectors who happily worked with us on a daily basis, even when we told them we had to leave Aswan at 4:30am to make it to the site on time. Thank you for your support and dedication, especially Moataz Sayed, Mahmoud Mokhtar, Takhseen Mohamed Ateia, Mohammed Saleh, and Mohamed Mamdouh Mokhtar.
We would also like to thank our friends out at the granite mines, especially Mahmoud and Adel.
We also want to thank our landlord in Egypt, Mr. Mahmoud Hussein, who accepted every crazy aspect of living with an excavation team in his house.